Re: Getting executable to link to libtool-built library

From: David Bruce
Subject: Re: Getting executable to link to libtool-built library
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:37:32 -0600

Hello again,

> I'm running into trouble, however, when I try to use the library in
> e.g. tuxmath.  Since the library is being built separately from
> tuxmath, I believe I need to use AC_CHECK_LIB in tuxmath's
> configure.ac.  However, the configure script fails to find it, even
> thought the library files are present.

Looking through config.log, I found the library had two small
undefined functions that generated errors when tuxmath's configure
tried the test program.  It seems puzzling that they didn't generate
errors when I compiled the library itself.  Anyway, after I supplied
the definitions and rebuilt the library, I can link tuxmath to it.

Anyway, if someone would confirm that AC_CHECK_LIB is the right way to
do this, I would be a most appreciative libtool newbie.

Thanks,

David Bruce