Re: revisiting condor and libtool

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: Re: revisiting condor and libtool
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 14:27:33 -0600

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 12:54, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:

Ralf

> please trim stuff that you don't refer to from replies, thanks.

Sorry, I usually do but forgot last time.

> BTW, you should usually include config.h as very first header,
> because it can influence the behavior of system headers.

good point.

> You didn't state whether you built this with --disable-static or some
> other interesting flags, and whether both static and shared versions of
> libbar were created and installed.

sorry I should have mentioned this. I just used --prefix, both shared
and static libraries are built.

> BTW, the -lbar usually goes in LIBS, so that it comes after the stuff
> that links against libbar.  Whether you put -L$HOME/tmp/lib in LDFLAGS
> or LIBS depends on whether it should be used for other deplibs too.  I
> usually leave it it LDFLAGS.  Not sure whether this would make a
> difference for your issue, though.

no it doesn't make a difference.

> --disable-shared does not disable linking against shared libraries,
> it only disables creating shared libraries.  To disable dynamic linking
> against uninstalled libtool libraries, use -static in the link flags, to
> disable dynamic linking against any libtool libraries, use
> -static-libtool-libs, and to disable dynamic linking against all
> libraries, use -all-static; e.g.,
>  foo_LDFLAGS = $(AM_LDFLAGS) -all-static

Thanks, adding the above to src/Makefile.am results in a successful
build, so it looks like I need to ensure that -all-static is passed to
each program when linking. Is there a way I can ensure that this is
done without adding it to _LDFLAGS for every program?

Cheers

Adam