commit script updates

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: commit script updates
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 16:27:53 +0800

I've fixed our commit script to work with git now, so you can commit to your local tree using a message extracted from the ChangeLog file, and then push those changes upstream in one step with:

  $ ./commit --from '"Gary V. Vaughan" <address@hidden>' --signoff --push

You get a chance to edit the commit message if you set PAGER to less, the same as we had with the CVS commit script.

Or to minimise typing, put the long form arguments in .clcommitrc of the current project (one argument per line):

  $ cat ./.clcommitrc
  --from '"Gary V. Vaughan" <address@hidden>'
  --signoff

Then if you want to commit locally:

  $ ./commit -r

Or commit and push (don't use -rp, as -r will think p is a filename to get options from):

  $ ./commit -pr

I have a clcommit wrapper script (vcsapply) that also handles FYI and 'Okay to commit?' emails. I'll try to extract the good stuff from that and push it down into our commit script in the near future.

Cheers,
        Gary
--
Email me:          address@hidden                          ._(()