Re: libtool.m4 not always copied

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool.m4 not always copied
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 23:56:21 +0200

* Richard Purdie wrote on Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 07:10:54PM CEST:
> To 'fix' the echo issue I added:
>
> http://svn.o-hand.com/view/poky/trunk/meta/packages/libpng/libpng-1.2.16/makefile_fix.patch?rev=4267&view=markup
>
> although I suspect echo = @ECHO@ might be better. I think libpng has
> relied on old libtool behaviour which happened to export that and no
> longer does so its a libpng bug but I'm open to more informed comments!

Sorry, but your patch just hides the real bug that you're using macro
files from Libtool 1.5.x.  You will see other, more obscure bugs (but
then again, with their nature of being obscure, you may not see them,
but curse a lot about how broken Libtool is).

Please drop the patch and get updated macros into your tree.

Cheers,
Ralf