Re: [RFC] adding support for Linux FDPIC ELF

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: [RFC] adding support for Linux FDPIC ELF
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:56:52 +0100

Hello Mike,

Ping!

* Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 07:36:28PM CET:
> * Mike Frysinger wrote on Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 09:02:11PM CET:
> > >
> > > Well, for a new port it'd be nice to see how the testsuite fares on it
> > > (see README for how to run it completely).
> >
> > that may be a problem ... this port is not self hosting as it's no-mmu
>
> The CVS HEAD Libtool testsuite aims to be useful also in the
> cross-compilation case.

I'd like 1.5.24 to be released soon, and the backport of the
*-linux-uclibc* part of your patch against HEAD is trivial.  I can
also write the ChangeLog entry and all.  But I do want an assessment
of how complete the port is, to write a NEWS entry and not raise
false expectations.

If there is a Debian package of a cross toolchain or similar
downloadable stuff I can use to run the tests, I could even do that
myself.

Thanks,
Ralf