Re: libtool problem

From: M. Lavasani
Subject: Re: libtool problem
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:45:00 +0100 (BST)

> > I am trying to compile pango on HPUX-11.22 (IA64) platform using gcc-3.3.1.
> >
> > Pango first generates "libpango.so", Then it generates another library
> > "libpangox.so" that links to "libpango.so".
> >
> >          shared library list:
> >              ./.libs/libpango.so
> >              libX11.so.1
> >              libc.so.1
> >
> > as you see from the above it links to " ./.libs/libpango.so". This has
> > caused lot of problem.
>
> Is this the result when libpangox.so is created or *after* it is
> installed? What matters is the result after installation.

No, this is the result "before" libpangox.so installed.

I take your point, But some packages ( such as pango , gtk+2, ... ) are
building library first, and then they use that library to build an executable.

In a cases such as above programs, the program will fail to build the
executables in compile time. Even before they get to install phase.

Thanks

                        __Mehdi