Building projects on i386-pc-solaris2.8

From: Allan McIntosh
Subject: Building projects on i386-pc-solaris2.8
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:04:27 -0500

Hey,

        I rewrote a project's build process to use autotools and libtool.
Everything builds fine but the binary seg faults at run time(in i386
solaris2.8 ). Does anyone know of any issues or AC_ AM_ macros that are
absolutely required to build shared objects and dynamicly linked
binaries(when porting to intel solaris2.8)?

The binary builds and runs fine on Redhat 7.2. However when I build the
target in i386-pc-solaris2.8 it segment faults when I run it. If I build
it with out libtool and autotools it is fine.

My make set up builds a few binarys that link to existing libs as well as
some of the shared objects and libraries built with in the project.

Not sure if the info I have included is helpful or not.

Thanks in advance.

i386-pc-solaris2.8
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
libtool 1.4.2