libmicrohttpd

[libmicrohttpd] Raw query string issue

From: Justin Graves
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Raw query string issue
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 13:44:20 -0600

Hello!

First off, thank you for all of the hard work on libmicrohttpd!

I have built an API using the library, but have an issue with retrieving the raw query string, and query string parsing in general. I have implemented the MHD_OPTION_URI_LOG_CALLBACK function, but the URI provided here has been partially parsed already. More specifically, if I send a query string param with an encoded ampersand, such as "q=this%20%26%20that", I expect this callback to have exactly that text in the passed in uri. However, what I receive is "q=this & that". Not only does this not allow me to log/record/parse the original values, but it breaks the built-in parser later, as it will attempt to split the query string at this now-decoded &. As far as I can tell, this makes it impossible to use an ampersand in a passed-in query string value.

Am I mistaken? Or perhaps there is alternative functionality or options I am unaware of here.

Thank you for any help!

-
Justin Graves