Re: Are savannah and GitHub out of sync?

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: Re: Are savannah and GitHub out of sync?
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 08:09:49 +0100

As far as I remember GitHub and savannah are not automatically synced.

When Cyril started Liberty he created the GitHub repository.

After a while Liberty was labelled as a GNU project, gaining a savannah account.

When GitHub was bought by Microsoft we agreed to keep the github account as a backup, as Microsoft had a decennial history of blatant hostility toward free-as-in-freedom software.

Now I think we can agree on the fact that savannah is not by far as "modern" and sleek as github; of all github alternatives none are officially endorsed by FSF.

I used to remember that there were some mechanism keeping savannah and github in sync, but I suspect it was the goodwill of Raphael...

Shall I setup a sync automatism? I'm not sure about it.

Meanwhile I'll pull github changes into savannah

PS:  as a note I have to confess that I could have poured a lot more effort, as I left Cyril almost alone, also chilling Raphael's entusiasms... ("mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa" Cyril will understand 😉 ).