libc-maintainers

Re: Blocking Yury Norov from libc-alpha

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Blocking Yury Norov from libc-alpha
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 12:08:06 -0700

On 10/21/2016 10:40 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
I am still oppose to blocking public access without clear rules

It is good to have clear rules for blocking. However, it's unrealistic to expect blocks to always follow clear rules that are set in advance, because misbehavior cannot always be anticipated. So any rules that we establish should have an escape clause that says that the rules do not constrain us from blocking merely because a particular misbehavior is not specifically listed.