info-gnus-english

Re: slow saving of scores when leaving a virtual (nnml+) group

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: slow saving of scores when leaving a virtual (nnml+) group
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2023 09:51:26 +0100

On Saturday,  8 Jul 2023 at 03:22, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
> And - is it worth the time to pretty print this data at all?

This is what I was wondering.  The pretty printing could be saved for
when somebody wishes to edit the scores, at which point a little delay
is not intrusive (or as intrusive).  Most of the time, I just want the
scores updated quickly so I can go on to the next group.

What puzzles me is the very large amount of memory use.  My scores file
is 334 kB in size.  Why does this require half a GB of memory to
process?

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 30.0.50 2023-07-07) on Debian 12.0