info-gnus-english

Showing a full thread

From: husain
Subject: Showing a full thread
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 04:33:21 +0000

When there is a single unread message, that belongs to a thread, I can
view the parent of the message by the default keybinding "^". However,
it seems that I am not able to view the full thread, including the
sibling messages. I would live to view the full tree of the thread: the
root and all the messages that were span off it.

Gnus has the command "gnus-summary-show-all-threads" and
"gnus-summary-show-thread". These commands do not show the full tree for
me, deceivingly. Gnus also has the variable "gnus-show-threads" which is
"t" in my case. I am still not able to see the full tree. I am able to
see the full tree once I mark the unread message as read, quit, and then
visit the group, where I can see all the messages.

Any idea if there is a function that show the complete thread?

To reproduce my situation, visit any newsgroup/email that has
threads. Pick a message which is part of a thread. The message has to
have a sibling. Mark it as unread via
"gnus-summary-put-mark-as-unread". Quit. Visit the group again and you
will b confronted with only that message.

--
Husain