info-gnus-english

Re: Marking an article and unmarking it to read

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: Marking an article and unmarking it to read
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 14:16:53 +0200

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 13:30:50 +0200
Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> What's the best way to find which function is bound to a given key
> binding?

C-h c (AKA `describe-key-briefly'). C-h k (`describe-key') also pops up
the *Help* buffer with the command's documentation string.

> Just to confirm what page 67 of
> http://www.gnus.org/documents/gnus-manual-a4.pdf says:
> ,----
> | ‘M d’
> | ‘d’ Mark the current article as read (gnus-summary-mark-as-read-forward).
> `----

Yep. Wonderful, isn't it? If you have the source installed, you can jump
to the definition by following the link in the *Help* buffer, or by
using `find-function-on-key', and see what it really does (always a good
idea (not only) with Gnus ;-))).

--
Štěpán

Gnus:
[1] Magic, really, and don’t try to make sense of it; half of gnus is
    designed solely to confuse you.
[2] proof that we are wicked wicked people who deserve to be punished,
[3] the punishment,
[4] best not attempted on Windows,
[5] the only way to simultaneously handle your mail with great power and
    pain

[The authoritative help entry provided by fsbot in #emacs@freenode.net]