iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] External midi and swami

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: [Swami-devel] External midi and swami
Date: 06 Jan 2003 17:49:13 -0800

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 17:29, Darrick wrote:
> Hi
>
> I did read from the development list someone else appeared to be having the
> same problem I was.  That of notes either sticking or repeating via external
> midi control using aconnect.
>
> Has anything more been worked on about this?  As with the other poster I
> don't
> have a problem using another app to control the synth.  Just external midi.
> Running iiwusynth directly with aconnect works fine for me.
>
> Thanks
> -- Darrick

Yeah, that was a bug in the ALSA sequencer driver for FluidSynth (was
called iiwusynth). Its fixed in FluidSynth CVS. I just realized that
this hasn't been released yet. The current Swami CVS doesn't work with
FluidSynth CVS.. Until now.. Just committed my changes to Swami CVS to
work with FluidSynth CVS. Currently FluidSynth (and Swami) are
undergoing heavy development and API changes, but hopefully all this
will be sorted out soon :) Feedback is encouraged on the workings of
Swami CVS and FluidSynth CVS. I'd like to try and keep Swami working
with FluidSynth until release time. Cheers.
        Josh Green