ibija-devel

[Ibija-devel] status of the native IbjClassFile progress.

From: Dodji Seketeli
Subject: [Ibija-devel] status of the native IbjClassFile progress.
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 20:26:49 -0400

tatata !!

The IbjClassFile "load" method can now load the small Hello test program
of the distro.
I still have to code a lot on it, but you can see the damn thing working in a debugger right now. You just have to debug the ibijap binary to see the IbjClassFile working.

My very short term goal is to write an almost-feature-full javap clone called ibijap. Go to http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.1/docs/tooldocs/solaris/javap.html to see what javap is.

ibijap will be a wonderfull testbed for the class loading process. Once we can load a class properly, we can dig into how to resolve it references and how to interpret it ... so let's focus on loading it !

I have now to write some other methods of the IbjClassFile class such as
"delete" and also a reporter to dump human readable info about what's in
the binary class file.

I think some of you could write a "IbjClassFileVerifier" (IbjCFVerifier in short) that could perform at least the first past verification required by the jvm spec in chapter 4.9 .

Happy hacking.

--
Dodji

To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master,
walk with the master, see through the master, become the master.