hydra-users

Re: [rcs] restrict coverage analysis to src/, tests/

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [rcs] restrict coverage analysis to src/, tests/
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:06:31 +0100

() address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès)
() Mon, 31 Jan 2011 15:44:17 +0100

   The Nix code for ‘codeCoverage’ is at

<https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/nixpkgs/trunk/pkgs/build-support/release/nix-build.nix>.

Thanks for the pointer.

   But really, I think you shouldn’t worry about wasted cycles.  :-)

I worry that cycles spent for uninteresting parts of RCS may not be used for
other (more deserving) projects.  Waste not, want not...  A few seconds here
and there (especially if more projects decide that coverage analysis of their
gnulib portions are not really that interesting and can find a way to prune
that) might mean the hard disk lasts longer, or more projects can fit in a
"build world" cycle, or problems can be found/fixed faster, etc.

But anyway, i won't bother you any more on this topic.