help-zile

[zile-devel] [ zile-Bugs-1713666 ] zile can't handle strange characters

From: SourceForge.net
Subject: [zile-devel] [ zile-Bugs-1713666 ] zile can't handle strange characters
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 10:44:14 -0700

Bugs item #1713666, was opened at 2007-05-06 08:38
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by rrt
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=117089&aid=1713666&group_id=17089

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
dear zile maintainers,

here is a sequence of characters and their octal dump

:       "0000000 004472 000042
0000003

trying to put a newline between the quote and the first 0 doesn't work
in zile: but in emacs, vi, jed and nano it does.  The strange sequence of
characters derives from the "yahoo mail" header, first line.

zile v.2.2.24, debian 3.1, kernel 2.6.12.5

please help.  I prefer zile to the others, but use yahoo mail a lot.

thanks