help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Zile

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Zile
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:53:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Ivano Primi wrote:

I like very much the zile text-editor but I would like to see implemented
the possibility to open a file in read-only mode (like Emacs does
with C-c C-r). Thanks for your work

I think you mean find-file-read-only (C-x C-r). I've implemented this in zile 2.2.26. I also noticed that Zile didn't respect the permissions of files in find-file: if a file is read-only, it should be opened read-only. This is now fixed.

In future, the best way to request new features is on the SourceForge feature tracker, rather than relying on individuals' addresses (for example, David is not currently working on Zile).

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | impossible, a.  worth doing