help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] Binary relocatability patch for zile (fwd)

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] Binary relocatability patch for zile (fwd)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:29:28 +0100 (CET)

> Message forwarded to the Zile mailing list so can get archived for future
> reference.
>
> I don't agree that the relocatability feature should be included in Zile
> (depends upon -lpthreads and -lld, while Zile should only depends
> upon -lncurses) but this optional patch may be included in the source
> package sometime in the future, for anyone that is interested.

I'm inclined to agree, as this decreases portability. From what I can see,
it should be fairly easy in any case for the autopackage-isation to be
applied as a patch that will work on future zile versions, if we help the
guy a little. Would you like to suggest this to him? If every place where
a path is used uses a macro that can be redefined by the patch, he should
be in business...

--
http://www.mupsych.org/~rrt/
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur (Anon)