help-texinfo

Re: New @link command for plain links

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: New @link command for plain links
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 17:23:17 +0100

On Sun, Jul 09, 2023 at 04:20:41PM +0200, Andreas Falkenhahn wrote:
> I don't know if it's related to the new @link command or if it's a general
> new feature but I've observed the following:
>
> When using texi2pdf with my old version of texinfo.tex, only the page number
> of entries in the table of contents was actually clickable and was
> highlighted using the link colour.
>
> With the new version of texinfo.tex almost everything in the TOC is a link
> now, i.e. chapter index, chapter title and page number of the entries are now
> clickable and they are all highlighted using the link colour. Since my link
> colour is defined as dark red my whole table of contents appears in dark red
> now because everything in the table of contents seems to be a link now.
>
> Is there any way to get the old behaviour back for the table of contents?

The more-clickable table of contents was a new feature, before @link was
implemented.

To avoid the table of contents text all changing colour, you could set the
link colour only after the table of contents, thus:

@contents

@tex
\gdef\linkcolor{0.8 0.4 0.4}
@end tex

The table of contents will still be clickable.  There isn't a way to
turn this off.