help-tar

How to avoid "check-local"?

From: address@hidden
Subject: How to avoid "check-local"?
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 08:39:32 +0000

Hello list,

Long time no see, I am back to port tar test once again.

I have tried to cross compile it manually, and “succeed”, by

following such workflow:

Step1: source my SDK

Step2: ./configure

Step3: make check

After step 3 I can get a folder after compiled, the “tests/”.

The question is, in the “make check” workflow, there is an

operation named “check-local”, I want to avoid running cross

compiled test files on my build host. What should I do?

I have 2 methods to avoid “check-local”, but my boss said they

are not good enough:

Method1: get into each folder run “make check” except “tests/”, in

the “tests/” folder I run “make genfile checkseekhole ckmtime” only.

Method2: delete check-local operations in “tests/Makefile.am”, like:

Before:

Line:300  check-local: atconfig atlocal $(TESTSUITE)

Line:301     $(SHELL) $(TESTSUITE) $(TESTSUITEFLAGS)

After:

Line:300  check-local:

Line:301

Thanks for any help.