help-serveez

[help-serveez] graciousness

From: Roderick Goldstein
Subject: [help-serveez] graciousness
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:44:32 -0700

I had seen her, already, and now I saw him. Enough to do, and all so real and so grand! My dearfriends, do not forget that I had seen myself. But I was bent withfrenzy upon my purpose. I had seen her, already, and now I saw him. I told him that I had not the slightest idea of selling myspectacles. There are but many varieties of a few types. It grew dark as we stood in the office talking, and taking our hats wewent out together. I could have smiled to see the humid tendernesswith which she regarded her strange _vis-à-vis_. I told him that I had not the slightest idea of selling myspectacles. I am, or rather was, a minister, of the Sandemanian connection. I am not very fond of looking throughthem. The lightsthat cheer the future of other men had gone out for me. I did not findthose I came to clearer sighted than those I had left behind. The sound ofcheerful singing came wafted from distant fields upon the lightbreeze. I could have smiled to see the humid tendernesswith which she regarded her strange _vis-à-vis_. I feared lest some instinct should warn me to beware. saidTitbottom, with a bow of quaint respect to my wife. I saw the pure resolve, the generous faith, the fine scornof doubt, the impatience of suspicion. But one was a well ofcool, deep water, and looking suddenly in, one day, I saw the stars. It was then that, on my wifes suggestion, I resolved to lookout for a Double. And as Titbottom opened the door, Iheard the low words:And Preciosa? You may spare yourself the pain of trying to impose uponme. Titbottom, isthe happy possessor of a pair of wonderful spectacles. Titbottom will not refuse to tell us thehistory of his mysterious spectacles. And what do I know of Aurelia or any other girl? These things were matters of long, long ago, and I came to thiscountry soon after. The governor smiled approvingly, and looked at my grandfather. In fact, I think a grosswould be quite enough to supply the world.