help-serveez

[help-serveez] How does the config language stuff work?

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: [help-serveez] How does the config language stuff work?
Date: 14 Nov 2002 19:10:22 +0100

Hi!

I recently discovered serveez and am using it to develop a P2P load
distribution framework/application called DistWork (spreading
compilation, audio/video compression, raytracing, ... over multiple
hosts). My application will allow the user to configure various
services out of a set of service types (a service would be, for
example, "C compilation with the GNU C compiler version 2.95 for the
linux-i386-elf target", service type "UNIXish C/C++ compiler").

Still here? OK. What I now want is the user to able to configure the
services via guile, just as serveez does for the servers. So it would
be very nice for me to have a short outline how this is done (I have
quite some knowledge of the Guile C bindings, FYI) and if i can use
the SVZ_REGISTER mechanism for my purposes. If not, I'd offer to
extend this stuff so things like this are possible.

Thanks for your work on Serveez,
        Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden        | address@hidden |