help-rcs

Re: Feature request (with patch)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Feature request (with patch)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:41:36 +0200

() Martin Burnicki <address@hidden>
() Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:27:11 +0200

   [two-part ‘integrity’]

   Sounds good, but doesn't help us since we actually need to share the
   repos with the 3rd party rcs system which adds this private header
   field our patch should take care of.

Perhaps you can try building GNU RCS under Windows, to replace (w/ the
help of the graphical interface -- i have the impression Python is quite
portable) the proprietary RCS completely.  You need to make sure that
the user-data (project info) manipulation is cleanly abstracted.

Then, when GNU RCS w/ two-part ‘integrity’ is released, you can rebase
the project info manipulation, do a one-time repo conversion, and switch
From the locally modified GNU RCS to the released version, on all
platforms.  Not trivial, but not impossible, either.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen ..................................... GPG key: 4C807502
.                  NB: ttn at glug dot org is not me                   .