help-rcs

Re: "co -l" for same file in multiple branches fails

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: "co -l" for same file in multiple branches fails
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:36:13 -0400

Using `rcs' instead of `co' avoids the "multiple revisions locked"
message.  Here's a script I wrote to prove this.

echo 1.1 > foo
ci -l -t-foo foo
echo 1.2 > foo
ci -u -m1.2 foo
co -l1.1 foo
echo 1.1.1.1 > foo
ci -u1.1.1 -m1.1.1.1 foo
co -l1.2 foo
echo 1.2.1.1 > foo
ci -u1.2.1 -m1.2.1.1 foo

## 3 locks
co -f -l foo
co -f -l1.1.1 foo
rcs -l1.2.1 foo

Here's the result of rlog -h

$ rlog -h foo
RCS file: foo,v
Working file: foo
head: 1.2
branch:
locks: strict
        ashawley: 1.2.1.1
        ashawley: 1.1.1.1
        ashawley: 1.2
access list:
symbolic names:
keyword substitution: kv
total revisions: 4

--
We can lift up our hands to the sky. Find all of
those strings that they're pulling and keep from