help-rcs

Using rlog to look for files associated with a particular label

From: Cannon, Alastair, VF UK, Partner
Subject: Using rlog to look for files associated with a particular label
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:52:49 +0100

Hi,

I am porting (or trying to) a ksh unix script to perl. In the ksh script rlog is used in the generation of a list of file names and versions associated with a particular label. It basically seems to do it by rlog'ing *every* file in the repository and looking to extract the version from the line containing the label in question.

I am very new to RCS - is there a more elegant way of doing this? has anyone out there done it in perl who could give me some pointers?

Any advice or guidance would be most welcome

best regards

Alastair Cannon