help-rcs

specifying diff to use

From: brian . af . taylor
Subject: specifying diff to use
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:11:19 -0400

Hello,

I'm currently running rcs on a solaris platform which has an older version
of the diffutils (located /usr/bin/..)
I have installed the latest gnu diffutils and would like RCS to use these
versus the old.

I have re-ordered my path definition so that /usr/local/diffutils2.8/ is
included before /usr/bin (and I get the new diff when I run which diff).
Unfortunately, when I run rcsdiff, it still uses teh old version.

I'm on a shared platform and other users do not want to remove the older
version of diff.

Any ideas,
Brian