help-rcs

RE: Diff error on XP

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: RE: Diff error on XP
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:41:24 -0500 (EST)

Nothing immediately comes to mind.  I'm not sure what application (whether
RCS or diff) is making the [mispelled] error message you're seeing.

Can you run a test with diff successfully with the -an option?

Are there other versions of diff installed on your system, that RCS could
be using?

Did you configure and compile the RCS and diff binaries on your system, or
did a third-party create them you?  If the latter, I suppose you should
contact the distributors of the binaries and report your problems there.

/a