help-rcs

RE: question on co

From: Skinner, Gayle R
Subject: RE: question on co
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:01:01 -0800

Thanks for you suggestion, but I was trying to get away from managing
things outside of the RCS.
I received the following from another user.
It does what was wanted, all within RCS.

I use labels to help me manage my code. For example, when done with a
release a drop a label on all the code

for all files
do
/usr/local/bin/rcs -n"$LABEL_NAME": $file_name
done

Than you can pull all code by a label regardless of revision

for all files
do
eco -p$LABEL_NAME file > where ever
done