help-rcs

Abandoning head for branch?

From: KEVIN ZEMBOWER
Subject: Abandoning head for branch?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:21:06 -0400

There must be a way to do this, but I can't figure it out.

I have a file I've modified and checked in, up to version 1.3. I want to
abandon r1.3, checkout r1.2, make changes to it and check it back in as r2.0
and have it treated as the default head version from then on. How can I do this?

Ashwin Patil asked almost this exact question in the archives at
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-rcs/2002-06/msg00012.html, but I couldn't
find an answer to his question posted.

Thanks for your help.

-Kevin Zembower

-----
E. Kevin Zembower
Unix Administrator
Johns Hopkins University/Center for Communications Programs
111 Market Place, Suite 310
Baltimore, MD  21202
410-659-6139