help-rcs

Re: Odd error with DOS use of RCS

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: Odd error with DOS use of RCS
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:00:31 -0400 (EDT)

quoting from: man rcs(1)

"BUGS
          A catastrophe (e.g. a system crash) can cause RCS to leave
          behind a semaphore file that causes later invocations of RCS
          to claim that the RCS file is in use.  To fix this, remove
          the semaphore file.  A semaphore file's name typically
          begins with , or ends with _.
"

rcs.org is the roxen challenger website