help-nano

Re: `older` and `newer` refuse to be rebound in execute menu

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: `older` and `newer` refuse to be rebound in execute menu
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2024 17:04:28 +0100

Op 12-02-2024 om 13:11 schreef Ivan Vorontsov:
     Error in /home/iv/.nanorc on line 414: Function 'older' does not exist in
menu 'execute'
     Error in /home/iv/.nanorc on line 415: Function 'newer' does not exist in
menu 'execute'

Ah!

When I made the Execute menu, I wished to give as much room
as possible in the help lines to the six available commands,
and decided to not list the ^P/^N keystrokes.  But I forgot
that this also makes them unrebindable.  :/

I see no other solution than to add them, even though it
makes the execute menu rather cramped.

Thanks for reporting!

Benno