help-nano

Re: clipboard on only console system

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: clipboard on only console system
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 17:25:38 +0100

Op 22-12-2022 om 15:33 schreef BW:
What about a clean console system, is there any way to get clipboard functionality, e.g. between two nano sessions, and other programs for that matter?

On my Xubuntu system, gpm is running [1], which allows left clicking and
dragging on the console to select text, while right clicking pastes the
text that was selected into the current console.

  [1] /usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/input/mice -t exps2

If mouse or touchpad is not your cup of tea, then you could do what I
did when I first started using nano: Alt+A, move cursor, ^O aaa <Enter>,
then switch to the other nano and do ^R aaa <Enter>.  But that tended to
litter my system with aaa and bbb files.

Benno