help-nano

Case conversion keybindings not working

From: Bhikhu
Subject: Case conversion keybindings not working
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 07:37:19 +0530

I just finished compiling nano 5.8 and was playing around with the sample.nanorc file. Everything is honky-dory but I can't seem to make head or tail out of this particular keybinding,

bind Sh-M-U "Oc|sed 's/.*/\U&/' " main
bind Sh-M-L "Oc|sed 's/.*/\L&/' " main

Pressing "Shift+Alt+U" keys while a cursor is under a word produces this message in nano,
"Enterl line number, column  number: | sed 's/.*/\U&/'"
Entering line number or just the enter key doesn't seem to have any effect.  It produces this error,
"Invalid line or column number'

So how do I use this keybinding to convert the case?

Thanks.
Bhikhu

My Blog -> https://hakerdefo.github.io
My Projects -> https://github.com/hakerdefo

This message and its contents may be confidential. If you received this message in error, please inform the sender and delete the message. Thank you.