help-nano

[Help-nano] syntax highlighting email signature

From: Erik Quaeghebeur
Subject: [Help-nano] syntax highlighting email signature
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 17:42:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'd like to syntax highlight my signature when composing mail: essentially color everything from (and including) the "-- "-line until the end of the file.

In my syntax file, using

color yellow start="^-- $" end=".$"

is the closes I've gotten yet, but it only deals with one-liners. Ideally, I would list end-of-file in some way in the end-regexp.

BTW: with the regexp given above, I get strange highlighting behavior: sometimes more than the one line below "-- " gets highlighted, sometimes not, depending on where I've been with the cursor in that area.

I've mentioned both issues in http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?27708 but this might be the more suitable location.

Best,

Erik