help-gv

[help-gv] locator box

From: Silvio Levy
Subject: [help-gv] locator box
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:56:35 -0700

I'm unable to change the font size or the background color in the
locator box (the place that says 295 x 117 ) using X resources.  I typed

strings `which gv` | grep -i font > out

then edited ALL the entries in "out" changing the font size to 180
instead of 120, and finally typed

xrdb -merge out  (or -load)

Now gv shows the information at the top (date, filename etc) with
the larger font, but the locator information remains resolutely tiny.

I also tried to change to white the background color in the locator box
(which, perversely, is dark gray), by editing the line

GV*locator*background:                  gray65

Again, no change in behavior.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Silvio Levy
address@hidden

PS. I know that GV*locator*background and GV*locator.font are the right
resource names because I CAN change the behavior by editing the source
file gv_class.h, but since I have to instruct other people on how to
make the change, I'd prefer a "clean" solution via .Xdefaults
instead of hacking sources.