help-gv

[help-gv] Is there a glitch with using standard input in gv

From: Andrew P. Billyard
Subject: [help-gv] Is there a glitch with using standard input in gv
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 17:11:38 -0500

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or simply a function of gv, but if a multi-paged postscipt is generated (say by a program called psout) and pipped to gv via the command

psout | gv -

The first page is shown but I cannot see the other pages nor are the pages listed in the side window. However

psout > file.ps && gv file.ps

works fine. Is this a bug? If not, can this be ironed out in a future release?

Cheers,
Andrew