Re: Grub doesn't work on Lenovo YOGA 330-11IGM

From: Steve
Subject: Re: Grub doesn't work on Lenovo YOGA 330-11IGM
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 09:15:06 +0000

How do you know the problem is grub?
Did you also try LiveUSB images that use Syslinux or grub4dos or bootmgr
and do they work OK?
Did you try booting the grub LiveUSB on another system or on a VM?
How did you make the grub LiveUSB?
Do you see any messages at all?
Did you change the BIOS settings? Are you trying to Legacy\MBR boot or
UEFI-boot?

Since others have install Ubuntu
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1112551/18-04-on-a-yoga33011igm-sd-reader-not-working-touchpad-working-sometimes
It is clearly possible to install and boot grub from it.

A Legacy boot to a black screen with Flashing cursor only (no other
messages) is usually an indication that the BIOS has booted the bootloader
incorrectly - possible reasons are that it thinks you USB device is a
floppy disk or super-floppy and not a 'hard disk'. With some systems, this
can be fixed by making sure the USB drive has two primary partitions (even
if the 2nd one is not used at all).

HTH
Steve