Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10

From: David Collier
Subject: Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 21:20:04 -0800

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 11:30 AM Pascal Hambourg <address@hidden>
wrote:

> If this is the normal "grub>" prompt, you should be able to manually
> load the config file from your installed system and boot the system in
> EFI mode.
>
> insmod part_gpt
> insmod ext2
> set root=hdX,gpt3
> configfile /boot/grub/grub.cfg
>
> You'll have to find out which (hdX) is the /dev/sda drive which contains
> the system root partition.

I did this and it booted the main linux installation from the SSD even
though grub was booted from the USB stick. Is there a way to confirm that
it booted in EFI mode?

Also, how exactly do I proceed from here, I re-read this thread but don't
see what should I do next.

I ran 'apt-get install grub-efi-amd64', but this did not result in the
directory /boot/grub/x86_64-efi showing up, it installed a bunch of files
in /etc/kernel and /usr/share

thank you.
-dc