[Help-gnu-radius] Help to decipher radius session dis-connects.

From: Mendoza Carlos - cmendo
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Help to decipher radius session dis-connects.
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:36:14 -0500

Sergey,

It has been a while since we have requested some info from you and I
would like to recap how you assisted us in the
past.

We currently use GNU radius v1.5 running on a Linux server and using NIS
for userid and passwd authentication. Client users being routed from the
internet through a load balanced CheckPoint connectra server which
passes the call to one of two radius servers. The radius server is then
using NIS to authenticate via the NIS  from a NIS client server using
ypbind. The NIS password for all users currently use a passwd expiration
algorithm and you provided us a fix in a later release of GNU Radius.

We had not experienced any major issues until recently when client
connections are now being disconnected after about 20-30 minutes of an
established session. From the radius logs we have seen the following
messages appear and are wondering if these are radius generated messages
or system  and just reporting it to radius but not actually
disconnecting the users.

Please let us know if there is anything within Radius that would be
issuing a disconnectin conjunction with NIS. We highly doubt this but
wanted to confirm with you.

Aug 31 14:49:31 Auth.info: Child exiting on timeout.
Aug 31 14:49:31 Main.notice: child 2184 exited with status 0
Aug 31 14:40:47 Auth.info: Child exiting on timeout.

Aug 30 12:32:40 Auth.info: Child exiting on timeout.
Aug 30 12:32:40 Main.notice: child 12485 exited with status 0
Aug 30 12:33:21 Auth.info: Child exiting on timeout.
Aug 30 12:33:21 Main.notice: child 15455 exited with status 0

Any information with regards to this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Carlos
privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.