Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Diameter (RFC 3588) and EAP (RFC 3579) support?

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Diameter (RFC 3588) and EAP (RFC 3579) support?
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 13:31:55 +0300

Hi Simon,

> Is there any support for Diameter, RFC 3588, in GNU Radius?

No, so far there is not.

> Have you considered working on this, either as part of GNU Radius or
> separately?

Yes, I have. I'm rather leaning towards a separate implementation, but
I haven't decided for sure yet.

> Do you have any ideas on how such an implementation should behave?

The RFC 3588 describes the protocol clearly enough, I believe. Do you
have some ideas?

> Also, is there any support for Radius+EAP, as in RFC 3579? Any plans or
> ideas around this?

Unfortunately, there is not. I had planned to implement it but got
distracted by another projects. Do you wish to lend a hand?

Regards,
Sergey