[Help-gnu-radius] Forcing GNU-Radius to change authentication type

From: Paul Cole
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Forcing GNU-Radius to change authentication type
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:52:55 -0000

Dear Sergey and all,

I've foud out that my NAS was sending the same NAS-Port-ID attribute which
is '0/0/0/0' for my pppoe users (normal because I have only one port from
where all the users are connected, physical port 0 on the NAS). But the
problem with that setting is that the radwho command will obviously show
only the last user getting connected and disconnect the previous one.In my
understanding, the session in GNU-Radius is defined by the couple of
'NAS-Port / Nas IP address' which explains that behavior when issuing the
radwho command.

I am trying now to set the session to use only the session ID rather than
that couple which won't make radwho work for me. Need your help hare
implementing this.

Another thing : does radzap physically disconnect the customer from the NAS
or just shut the session in Radius when the customer remains still connected
to the NAS ?

Thanks for your guidance.

Regards,

_____