Re: [Help-gnu-radius] listening on multiple ports

From: Ken Dail
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] listening on multiple ports
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:16:59 -0600

Hello Sergey,

On Jul 26, 2008, at 2:15 AM, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

Hi Ken,

Thanks for all the help you've given me in the past. I've got another
question. It seems I'm stuck with some legacy equipment with auths on
port 1645, which is what my server is set up for. Now I've got some
new equipment that will only auth on port 1812. Can I listen to both
ports with the same server?

Yes, you can supply any number of address specifications in a single
`listen' statement, e.g.:

auth {
    listen 0.0.0.0:1645, 0.0.0.0:1812;
};

acct {
    listen 0.0.0.0:1646, 0.0.0.0:1813;
};

(see the description of the listen statement in section 4.1.3 of the
Radius manual).
Thanks for pointing that out to me. Sadly enough I had been reading that section of the manual, but I was focused on the port statement, which my config used. Might be useful to deprecate port in favor of listen.