Re: [Help-gnu-radius] problems getting rewrite hook right

From: Charles Sprickman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] problems getting rewrite hook right
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:31:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

Charles Sprickman <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm trying that, but I get an even stranger result:

Oct 25 15:53:10 elephant radiusd: Auth.debug:
mysql.c:216:rad_mysql_exec: query:
SELECT attr,value FROM radius_attrib WHERE username='address@hidden' AND
op IS NULL AND domain='address@hidden'

Then, it seems I have not understood the intent of the function. In its
current form it simply returns the domain name of the user,
i.e. everything after the first @ or % sign. Was it supposed to do
something else?

Yeah, I'm not sure I understood what I was looking for either. :)

Currently all our dialup stuff is outsourced. So with a "normal" user with an @bway.net account, they login using address@hidden Our dial provider strips the "@bway.net" and sends the user/pass to us.

We also have domain accounts where the user's actual username is "address@hidden". We instruct those users to use "address@hidden" when dialing in. The "@bway.net" is stripped by our dial provider and we see the user as "username%domain.com".

So I need to split at the "%".  If there's no "%", it can be left as-is.

More of the picture to make this clear...

hints contains this:

DEFAULT NULL    Client-IP-Address = "=request_source_ip()",
                Fall-Through = Yes
DEFAULT NULL    Rewrite-Function = restore_nas_ip,
                Fall-Through = Yes

DEFAULT NULL    Auth-Dom = "=domain_split(%[User-Name])"

sqlserver has a query like this (note the user and domain are two seperate fields in the auth table):

# Query to select the password for the given user. Should return one string.
auth_query  SELECT pw_passwd \
        FROM vpopmail \
        WHERE pw_name='%u' \
        AND pw_domain='%C{Auth-Dom}'

Does that pretty much make sense?  It's kind of a strange setup...

Regards,
Sergey

PS: Is skunkworks still alive?

I recently had to steal the mainboard from it for another machine... I have an older board/processor here and all the drives so I should be able to get something together in the next week or two.

I'd like to get it setup with FreeBSD 4.11 and 6.2, would that be helpful?

Thanks,

Charles