Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Showing Connect-Info

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Showing Connect-Info
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:44:57 +0300

Ola Roberto,

> What I need is for a way to check what Connect-Info is comming in the
> packet from the NAS (for debbuging
> only!). I've considered a sniffer, but there must be a saner option to
> make radius itself show me this information.

The simplest way would be to enable detailed accounting (it is enabled
by default, anyway) and detailed authentication logging. Both are
enabled by placing `detail yes;' in sections `auth' and `acct' of
raddb/config file. Then, run `radctl reload' to inform radius about the
changes.

Now, detailed transcripts of the packets coming from your NASes will be
saved in files /var/log/radacct/NASNAME/detail (for accounting requests)
and /var/log/radacct/NASNAME/detail.auth (for authentication
ones). NASNAME here stands for the name of the NAS, as defined in your
raddb/naslist file (or its hostname, if it is not declared
there). Notice that these files will grow quite rapidly, so it is
a good idea to arrange for proper rotation, e.g. using logrotate or
newsyslog utility.

You can also instruct radius to write Connect-Info someplace else (to a
database, for example), this will require a bit more sophisticated
configuration.

Regards,
Sergey