Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Manipulating realm info

From: Charles Sprickman
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Manipulating realm info
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:55:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

> Charles Sprickman <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> DEFAULT         NULL              Auth-Data = "=domain_part(%[User-Name])"
>
> Then you will be able to use the value of Auth-Data as domain part in
> your queries. If this attribute is already in use, replace it with
> another one (you may create a new attribute for that purpose in your
> dictionary).

Sergey, thanks very much for all your help.  Would a wiki where people
could contribute little examples like this be helpful?  I'd have no
problem hosting one.  The manual is excellent, but actual examples work
better for some people.

Regarding the suggestion above about creating new attributes, that is
something I need to do as I'm already using "Auth-Data".  As a test to see
if I'm following this right, I created a "local" dictionary file and have
it set to be included in "dictionary".  I have grabbed attribute IDs 4000
and 4001 as they seemed to not be in use.  I called them "Auth-Sql" and
"Auth-Split", and other than the id, they are duplicates of attribute 3000
(Auth-Data).

I then went through my existing config and changed all occurences of
"Auth-Data" to "Auth-Sql" (sqlserver, huntgroups and users files).  At
that point, everything stopped working; in my debug log I wasn't even
getting as far as the SQL query being performed.

Is there something I'm missing about making new/custom attributes?

Thanks,

Charles