[Help-gnu-radius] Rewrite rule no good - need variable with public IP

From: Morten Winther
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Rewrite rule no good - need variable with public IP
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:24:55 +0100

Hello

Just thought I cheated the GNU radius - but no.

Our wireless NAS boxes are often without a public ip behind an adsl router and as result the NAS-IP-Address looks like 192.168.0.2 etc.

I therefore used this rewrite rule below to remove the NAS-IP-Address attrib which result in radius using the source IP from the UPD packet in logfiles. This is a good thing.

But when I use %C{NAS-IP-Address} in sqlserver no IP shows up in the db which is obvious since I removed it with a rewrite rule. I had hoped it would use the source IP from the UPD packet as it does with log-files.

What can I do?

It would be great if a variable was made available in sqlserver with the source IP from the UPD packet.

Do you see any other solutions?

integer
fjern_ip()
{