Re: [Help-gnu-radius] raddb/clients

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] raddb/clients
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:35:37 +0200

Morten Winther <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hmm it seems it is using the NAS-IP-Address attribute when comparing
> ip in the clients file,

No, it never uses it. You can easily check this in the source code.

> because it says unknow client if I put the public IP in the clients file.

There are only two possible explanations to this behavior:

1) You have *manually* defined symbol DEBUG_ONLY in file lib/radpdu.c,
which is, I guess, not probable.

2) The incoming UDP packets do contain masquerade addresses in their
source address fields. This can easily be tested by (a) running tcpdump,
and (b) enabling debugging level "radpdu" in raddb/config and checking
the debugging output radiusd will produce.

Regards,
Sergey