Re: [Help-gnu-radius] newbie question

From: Morten Winther
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] newbie question
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 10:31:40 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

hi,

im new to the isp industry; hence, im still learning the ropes of how an ISP
works. my question is that do you set the number of hours a user can use in a
time period (e.g. in a month) in radius as well? thanks in advance. this will
allow me to understand our technical operations

Hi

We use both accounts which can be used in a time period and accounts which can be used for e.g. two hours.

Basically we use the GNU Radius sql implementation check username/password and to find the group.

Then we use Exec-Program-Wait to call a program which calls a program to calculate the time left on account, so that we can set the right session time-out.

Best regards

Morten