Re: [Help-gnu-radius] auth-type attribute problem

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] auth-type attribute problem
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:52:18 +0300

> So, as far as I understand gnu-radius used Auth-Type = Local  instead of
> specified System and Pam in both cases.

Radius falls back automatically to Local type if the remote client is
using CHAP (CHAP can be used only with plaintext passwords).

>       auth.c:320:rad_check_password: auth_type=0, userpass=32j4hjdysu^3sazx,
>                               name=radius, password=NONE

Notice `password=NONE'. It means that the incoming request did not contain
the User-Password attribute. Reconfigure your client to disable CHAP protocol.

Regards,
Sergey